Most importantly, email marketing helps build relationships with people through their inbox on their time. With smartphones, people check their emails every day, multiple times a day.
By providing valuable information, solving problems, tips, and tricks, etc. you can help engage your audience and build their trust.
Email marketing is a powerful and effective way to connect with your audience. It provides a better ROI than social media. This is because you don’t have to worry about social media and algorithms and not reaching your desired audience. The message/tips/new products/etc. is delivered straight to the desired place i.e. the inbox.
What is email marketing?
‘’Email marketing is a form of marketing that can make the customers on your email list aware of
new products, discounts, and other services. It can also be a softer sell to educate your audience on the value of your brand or keep them engaged between purchases’’. (Mailchimp)
Reasons for using email marketing:
- It is a cost-effective way to reach your customers. This generates the highest ROI for marketing in business.·
- Measurable – at the touch of your fingers, you can see how many people opened your email, which links were followed and how many people unsubscribed from your list
- Email marketing is more effective than Social Media. 90% of emails get delivered whereas 2% of your Facebook fans see your posts. ·
- Personal: If used correctly, you can address people personally by name. Unlike social media where you are talking to a nameless audience.
- Email Marketing compels people to take action. Use large Call to Action buttons that stand out which drives people to your website ·
- The emails are on hand on their mobile therefore mobile friendly and easily accessible anytime anywhere.
A few suggestions on how to get your email list started:
- Make it easy on your home page to sign up with a popup
- Offer something in exchange for your email address. For example a PDF on how to, an e-book, etc.
- Deliver value and tips through your blogs to gain trust
- Design free courses -sign up for my course and the business gets the email address
Tips for sending marketing emails:
- Pick the correct time to send your email
- You own a list of subscribers
- You don’t have to complete against algorithms
- Have an unsubscribe button (important)
It is important to remember your audience has invited you into their personal email inbox. Use this wisely. DO NOT send emails daily and start spamming people, they will unsubscribe from your list. DO NOT just add an email address you find online. It is against the law. And have an unsubscribe button at the bottom of your email, so people do have the choice to unsubscribe at any time.
And have fun setting up your email marketing campaign.